I often get emails and comments about the cutfiles I find on the internet for you. These cut files are made to cut with your cricut or other die-cutting machine.
- PDF files - for those of you with home printers
- SVG files - compatible with Provocraft Cricut Personal, Cricut Expression & Cricut Create
- The Cricut series cannot cut 3rd party shapes unless extra software is purchased. To enable the ability to cut 3rd party shapes, you must buy and install Craft Edge’s Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) software. This will allow the Cricut to cut files in the SVG format. This software dramatically changes the utility of the Cricut machines. It should be the first addition to anyone’s Cricut machine!
- GSD files - compatible with Xyron Wishblade, Quickutz Shilouette, Graphtec CraftROBO (although due to size restrictions of this machine some templates may be smaller than other actual versions)
- Graphtec CraftROBO. This machine is also sold as the following: Xyron Wishblade and the Quickutz Silhouette. These machines natively use the GSD format but can easily import the DXF format. No additional software is required.
- DXF files - Pazzles Creative Cutter Inspiration, Klic N Kut Element , Groove and Maxx
- These machines can cut both the PDF and DXF formats. Their native format is a proprietary format called KNK
Here are the most common home cutting machines and the suggested format
- Cricut machines: (Must buy SCAL software): SVG
- CraftROBO machines (including Wishblade and Silhouette): GSD
- Klic N Kut Series: DXF
- Pazzles: DXF