I find the best way to get inspired is to look at many different works of art and establish your own by learning from others. todays blog feature is a real treat! Kimberly definately has her own style and you will love her work as much as I do, I am sure! Be sure to stop by procrastistamper and give Kimberly some blogger love (commebents)
Welcome to Scrappin Outloud
Thanks for dropping by! Take a look around and stay awhile. See that little purple box on your left, it contains a summary of recent posts, further down, you will see a box of shared items, these are things I find around the web and want to share with you. Further down on the left you can add a link to your own blog for others to see. I love comments, so feel free to leave some love and thanks for stopping by.
Sunday, November 29, 2009
To create this project, you simply need a plain, inexpensive jar of moisturizer (or something else of similar size). You can then alter it and decorate it with a holiday theme.
Lovely as a Tree (pg. 110)
Wandering Words (Holiday Mini)
Season of Joy (pg. 32)
Teeny Tiny Wishes (p. 145)
Card Stock & Paper:
Natural White Cardstock
Christmas Cocoa Specialty Designer Series Paper
Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad
Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad
Gold Embossing Powder
Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint
½" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Soft Suede Ribbon
Big Shot Die-Cut Machine
Original Die Circles #2
Mini Glue Dots
Powder Pals & Embossing Buddy
* Using the Christmas Cocoa Specialty Designer Series Paper pack, cut a 1-1/4" strip from the flocked snowflake pattern. Tip: Make sure you cut the patterned paper in such a way that you have an area that is unflocked as you will need this space for stamping.
* Ink the Christmas sleigh stamp image from the Wandering Words stamp set with Classic Melon Mambo. Stamp image as close as possible to the left edge of the flocked snowflake.
* Take the swirl image from the Season of Joy stamp set and load with Melon Mambo ink. Use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the swirl to the back of the sleigh to create a sense of movement.
* Apply adhesive on both ends of the strip, lightly apply one end to the jar and wrap around the jar.
* Cut Natural White cardstock to size of 5-1/2" x 4-1/4".
* Load Versamark ink on row-of-trees image from the Lovely As A Tree stamp set and stamp onto cut Natural White panel. Over a Powder Pal, pour Gold Embossing Powder over Versamark stamped image. Tap off excess embossing powder. Use the Heat Tool to set the embossing powder.
* Position the stamped heat set embossed tree image over the largest circle of the Circle #2 Original Die, and sandwich the die according to the multipurpose platform guideline. Run the sandwich through the Big Shot Die-Cut Machine.
* Load Classic Basic Black ink on "Merry Christmas" sentiment stamp from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. Use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to help position the sentiment on the circle panel.
* Apply adhesive to back of the embellished circle panel and adhere to the top of the jar.
* Using a Sponge Dauber, sponge the embellished circle panel and off the edges with the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, and set aside until dry
* Make a stand-alone bow with the ½" Polka Dot Grosgrain Soft Suede ribbon. Cut ends at an angle.
* Cut ½" Polka Dot Grosgrain Soft Suede ribbon the circumference of the jar lid with about ¼" excess. Apply adhesive to both ends of the ribbon; adhere one end and to the jar lid and pull taut around the lid and adhere the other end down.
* Take the bow tie made earlier, apply mini glue dots in the back and adhere to the jar.