Welcome to Scrappin Outloud

Thanks for dropping by! Take a look around and stay awhile. See that little purple box on your left, it contains a summary of recent posts, further down, you will see a box of shared items, these are things I find around the web and want to share with you. Further down on the left you can add a link to your own blog for others to see. I love comments, so feel free to leave some love and thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Homemade candy wrappers


Candy Bar Gifts

I found these super cute candy bar wrappers over here and here and here and decided to try them out for co-workers. My Santa wrappers are not the pull kind, as featured on Kerry's blog, I very carefully took apart the cardboard wrapper that came with the chocolate and re-made my own, using these dimensions:

8" x 6.5" cardstock(retired colors) by stamping up, its nice and thick and resembles the cardboard fair enough
On the 8" side, I scored at 6/8", 1" ,7 "7 2/8"


On the 6.5" side, I scored at 3/4", 4 1/8", 4 3/8"

Then I trimmed the four corners on the inside score lines, leaving only one long inner section to complete the wrapper.

You should use these cutting guidelines, as guidelines only as I found even though I purchased 30 of the exact same Russel Stover Chocolates, they all ended up fitting in the wrapper slightly differently.

For the Santa wrapper, I used a strip of white trimmed to 6" x 2.25" and trimmed both sides lengthwise, using the SU Scallop border punch.

For the belt, I used the new SU Petite Curly Label Punch and some Brushed Silver Cardstock, I dont yet have the 1/2" circle punch, so I used the big circles that come with the build and owl punch by SU.

For the Reindeer wrapper, I used a 1 3/4" scallop punch (cut in half) 3/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch, snowflake punch and circles from the build an owl punch


For the snowman, I used the owl punch circles and heart, 1 3/4" circle, some staz on opaque inker for the eyes, a little retired ribbon as a scarf, a paper pieced hat with a corner rounder and an old snowflake jewel I had in my stash.

For the penguin, I used multiple ovals and hearts, I didn't have the right punches to make it work, so I hand pieced most of these together.
For the grinch, I used the top note sizzix die, and the eyes were made the same as all the others. The hat was mostly free hand triangles and the scallop border.

No comments:

Cricut Top 40