Welcome to Scrappin Outloud

Thanks for dropping by! Take a look around and stay awhile. See that little purple box on your left, it contains a summary of recent posts, further down, you will see a box of shared items, these are things I find around the web and want to share with you. Further down on the left you can add a link to your own blog for others to see. I love comments, so feel free to leave some love and thanks for stopping by.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Book to Look Cake



While tooling around in Hobby Lobby, I came across this great metal cake try and knew as soon as I saw it that I would make a book to look cake that I had seen on Split Coast Stampers.





I have been working on this for two days and am very pleased with the way it came out, despite my, now purple fingers... This entire cake is made of paper and each wedge opens to reveal a prize when a Stampin Up party is booked. So, if you would like to look inside this beautiful purple cake, book a party with me! I used a template from Stampin Up! I used only the middle layer, the template calls for 11 pieces, but, I had to use twelve to make it fit perfectly on my cake pan.

 I actually used some retired Pink Card stock and retired DSP for the pie pieces,  Cottage wall has always been one of my favorites. But, the purple DSP on top of the pink paper just didn't look right (I didn't know what look I was going for when I started.) So, Eventually, after covering the top of each of pieces with the beautiful purple DSP from Cottage Wall collection, I used my Rich Razzelberry ink and some rubbing alcohol to Stampin Spritzer and happily sprayed away until all my pink card stock turned this beautiful razzelberry color. The flowers are the white paper daisies, which I also sprayed with both razzelberry and pink pirouette to give them a little dimension and the buttons are from sycamore street collection which will be available soon in the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue.



I am really pleased with the way it turned out, it has been drying all day (Since I got so carried away with the Stampin Spritzer ;) I used my dryer to help it along, but I didn't want to ruin the integrity of the cardstock so that the pieces could be opened later. Even my teenage sons were impressed with my book to look cake, what do you think?

Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin' Pad 


Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin' Pad126950
Price$5.95
Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper -- Digital DownloadClassic Stampin’ Pads and refills come in a wonderful variety of exclusive Stampin’ Up! colors, grouped in families to make choosing coordinating colors simple. Exclusively designed stamp pad lids fold under to make inking large images like background stamps easy.
■ Dye-based ink
■ Acid-free
■ Coordinate with exclusive Stampin’ Up! card stock, pastels, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, and Stampin’ Write Markers
■ New firm foam pad provides better ink coverage for your stamps!
■ 1/2 oz. ink refills sold individually or in color families



Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper - Digital Download124560
Price$4.95
This download was added on 2/22/2011

Luxurious colors of Rich Razzleberry, Pale Plum, and Old Olive fill these twelve carefree patterns of Designer Series Paper. Coordinates with the Cottage Garden Stamp Brush Set.



Stampin' Spritzer
Stampin' Spritzer126185
Price$2.95
Make your own color spritzer! Fill this empty bottle with liquid and any color of Classic Stampin’ Ink.
• 2 bottles; hold 12 ml ea.
• Great for spritzing larger areas, masking, watercoloring


















No comments:

Cricut Top 40