Welcome to Scrappin Outloud

Thanks for dropping by! Take a look around and stay awhile. See that little purple box on your left, it contains a summary of recent posts, further down, you will see a box of shared items, these are things I find around the web and want to share with you. Further down on the left you can add a link to your own blog for others to see. I love comments, so feel free to leave some love and thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Depth of Field Technique

I have been loving all the sampes I have seen using the Depth of Field
Technique from the latest TJ newsletter. I had to give it a try.
It requires a bold stamp and I just used A Rose is a Rose last night to decorate
some lunch sacks for Sherill to send to RMH. Since it was still sitting on my table, I just grabbed it and went to town. I didnt have gray ink, crap, i just realized I couldve used a stampin Spot... Oh well, so I substituted the kiwi kiss in stead of gray and I used Pink Pirouette (So sad to see this one go) and Riding Hood Red. (gonna miss that one too!) As I started stamping, I realized the reason this one must have popped in my head is because it looks so similar to the Bella Rose papers. (Another one I am really going to miss!) Anyway, I really like the way it came out, Iadded a background of Bella Rose, of course! And this is what I came up with. I topped it off with some "hinges" using the window punch and some kiwi kiss brads and one of favorites, Full of Life stamps. I think I am off to do another one, I wish I could use the stamp of the week set on this technique, but, I just dont think it is a bold enough image..... oh well.... happy stampin!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nicole Tugrul said...

Very pretty card, I am so sad to see these colors go.

Carol said...

I love this cards, the paper is one of my faves, plus the stamp you used is so right on the money. Very nice, thank you for sharing!

Cricut Top 40