Welcome to Scrappin Outloud
Thanks for dropping by! Take a look around and stay awhile. See that little purple box on your left, it contains a summary of recent posts, further down, you will see a box of shared items, these are things I find around the web and want to share with you. Further down on the left you can add a link to your own blog for others to see. I love comments, so feel free to leave some love and thanks for stopping by.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Coaster Calendar Magnets
by Erika martin
If you have a bunch of coasters hanging around your craft stash (like a lot of us do) and you want to put them to good use this holiday season, you can create small calendar magnets that are wonderful as teacher or co-worker gifts. They're also a great stocking stuffer for the teens in your life so they can put them inside their school locker. You can save the coasters from the next time you dine out....great way to "Go Green!"
They're so fast and easy and cost effective, too!
What you'll need:
* Stamp set of your choice
* Square chipboard coaster
* Ink pads
* Hot glue gun
* Coordinating patterned paper
* Fine grade sand paper (if you'd like to distress the edges of your patterned paper
* Corner rounder punch
* White and colored piece of cardstock
* Stampin' Dimensionals
* Small printed calendar (from Stamp On This)
* Cover a coaster with cardstock, trim around the edges and swipe a coordinating ink pad over it to give a "suede" effect.
* Cut a smaller piece of patterned paper (distress the edges with sand paper if you like), round the corners and adhere to the coaster.
* Wrap a piece of ribbon around the top of the coaster and secure around the back with some hot glue.
* Use hot glue to adhere a calendar on the front of the coaster
* Stamp an image onto white cardstock and trim it out.
* Adhere the stamped image onto the coaster with Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Glue a strong magnet to the back of the coaster.