Welcome to Scrappin Outloud

Thanks for dropping by! Take a look around and stay awhile. See that little purple box on your left, it contains a summary of recent posts, further down, you will see a box of shared items, these are things I find around the web and want to share with you. Further down on the left you can add a link to your own blog for others to see. I love comments, so feel free to leave some love and thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Use Scrapbooking Techniques for Your Home Business Portfolio

October 18, 2009 by Mary Emma Allen

Leave a Comment

Generally we think of making scrapbooks to hold family memories and photos. We even teach classes to help others develop various types of scrapbooks.
Image: sxc.hu

Image: sxc.hu

However, you can utilize scrapbooking techniques for business portfolios. Also, you can assemble these “portfolios” online, or scan into your computer, for viewing online (at your blog or web site) by potential customers. I’ve used these techniques for two of my home businesses.

I transformed a photograph album type of scrapbook into a portfolio when I had a quiltmaking/patchwork business. In it I placed photos and descriptions of items I had for sale or could make on order. I also included a history of my quiltmaking, with photos of craft shows and displays.

This was before the current scrapbooking era, so I didn’t have many scrapbooking supplies available to accessorize the pages. However, album was successful in showcasing my work.

Currently I’m compiling a Party Planning scrapbook portfolio for my virtual party planning venture. This gives pictures of parties planned, ideas for parties, and resources where the customer and I can find the supplies needed. This portfolio is in conjunction with my party planning blog.

By utilizing scrapbooking techniques, I find the portfolio is more attractive and eye-catching. It also gives an idea of my creativity.

Have you ever thought of using your scrapbooking/collaging talents in this way to promote your home business?


No comments:

Cricut Top 40