Welcome to Scrappin Outloud

Thanks for dropping by! Take a look around and stay awhile. See that little purple box on your left, it contains a summary of recent posts, further down, you will see a box of shared items, these are things I find around the web and want to share with you. Further down on the left you can add a link to your own blog for others to see. I love comments, so feel free to leave some love and thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Featured Set: Sense of Time

I got this stamp set, sense of time as soon as the mini occassions catalog came out and it sat untouched until today, The first card is made for the Stampin 411 saturday sketch challenge. I used up some of my retiring Bella Birds papers I stamped several of the clock pieces on my chocolate chip card stock using clear embossing ink. I used my scalloped border punch to trim the blue bella birds and then flipped over the remaining piece to use the brown. I have a 3" scallop punch that I used to cut out the card and then trimmed the scallops off by hand so that I could use the same punch to create the mat. I stamped the clock using the new soft suede ink and distressed with tea dye, I also stamped the sentiment using Ranger Distress Ink, Tea Dye, by Tim Holtz! Oh yeah, the clock is stamped on Very Vanilla.























The second card, is simply chocolate chip cardstock (I always like to use the flip side of my card and then cut into card fronts for display. This stretches my cardstock a little further) I cut out another scallop, this time using my sizzix and hand cut the scallops off. I used TJ's depth of field technique to stamp the time pieces in Soft Suede, Tea Dye and Crushed Curry. I used chocolate chip ribbon and stamped the sentiment in distress ink tea dye again. The clock was stamped using Timber Brown Staz On Ink on very vanilla.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

isn't it fun that the big scallop fits that clock? :) These are gorgeous and I just love your version of the depth of field technique! Rock on girlie! Thanks for playing with the operator sketch this week!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Your cards are beautiful, I love the distressed look.

Patti Chesky said...

This is stunning! I love how the clock fits in the scalloped circle. Thanks for playing along with the sketch this week!!

Cricut Top 40