Welcome to Scrappin Outloud

Thanks for dropping by! Take a look around and stay awhile. See that little purple box on your left, it contains a summary of recent posts, further down, you will see a box of shared items, these are things I find around the web and want to share with you. Further down on the left you can add a link to your own blog for others to see. I love comments, so feel free to leave some love and thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Unclogging gel pens tutorial

I found this step-by-step tutorial on Captain Craft, I haven't tried it myself yet, but, when you are desperate, you are desperate and I am sure I will give it a try next time I need to use one of my white gel pens and it doesn't cooperate. I do know that you should store the little buggers upside down, to help prevent clogs in the first place (No, of course I don't follow my own advice, lol) So, without further ado, the fabulous: Captain Craft

Here's the long anticipated gel pen repair tutorial. I know I'm not the only one that loves and hates the white gel pens, and I know I'm not the only one out there with a stack of white gel pens that don't work. So I have developed a crude way to fix these pens and get what we paid for; WHITE GOLD!!!!!!

There's a few things you need to gather to do the repair. You need a white eraser, a craft knife, and the white gel pen (of course). In the first picture you can see that I cut a piece of eraser just bigger than the hole of the ink insert.


In the second picture shows the piece of eraser that will be a plug. I have just inserted the eraser plug into the ink insert. I know what you are all thinking square peg round hole, trust me it will work and save you money. Also in this picture you can see other plug that I have inserted, I just put another one in to show you it looks like upon insertion. You'll only need one maybe two plugs.


In picture three, I'm showing what I use to push the plug down deeper into the ink insert. So each time you push the plug, and ONLY A LITTLE BIT AT A TIME, your pen will work once again. If you push too much the ink will flow out quickly and destroy you work so test on a scrap piece of card stock.


In this last picture you can see a before and after. Now remember push the plug just a wee bit.
One last bit of info, I use the ink insert as the pen (I don't reassemble the pen) and I toss the rest of the pen bits.


Well there you have it, I hope this fix (not a pretty fix, but, a fix just the same)works for you.
Thanks for looking.

Good Luck! I will come back and let you know when I have tried this myself

No comments:

Cricut Top 40