Welcome to Scrappin Outloud

Thanks for dropping by! Take a look around and stay awhile. See that little purple box on your left, it contains a summary of recent posts, further down, you will see a box of shared items, these are things I find around the web and want to share with you. Further down on the left you can add a link to your own blog for others to see. I love comments, so feel free to leave some love and thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Challenge #7, Project 52

I have been spending a lot of time in the scrapbook space this week, and I have been wanting to play along with project 52, the challenge was to create a shadow box, using insects (butterflies are acceptable) and must use fabric in it. I re-purposed a candy cane box for this project..









I first flattened out the box and covered it with paper




First I used rub-on flowers, followed by some stickers , than 3 dimensional flowers and irridescent butterflies




There is even a little lace butterfly in there, can you see him?






The entire time I was working on this, my plan was to add a transparency to the front and put more flowers and butterflies on the front of the transparency, to give it more dimension. But Once I got to this point, I thought it might look to cheap and also thinking it might have looked better on glass than transparency






I took about a hundred pictures of this because I wasn't sure if I could get all the details. Since I finished it at night, I didnt have the natural light and the irridescent butterflies were reflecting the light too much. There are beautiful flowers and butterflies and pearls, I really wish I could get the beautiful details on camera for you.


From Drop Box

While I was working on this project, I had that quote in my head "to the caterpillar it may be the end, but to the butterfly, its only beginning. I was planning to put that inside the project somehow, but as I added more butterflies and flowers to make it look dimensional, I just didnt know where I was going to add it. I may very well still add this to the project, but I am unsure... What do you think?


From Drop Box







 When I got all finished, I realized I was missing the fabric, unsure of weather or not the fabric flower would count, and I wasn't really thrilled with the way the outside of the box looked anyway, so, I recovered the outside of the box with fabric, whic makes the whole thing look a little more shabby chic, than cheap....





Finally, after it was all done, I realized, I needed something to transition between the fabric outside and the paper insides, I used a beaded chain to wrap around the edge of the box with some glide on adhesive.



Tweet this
Share this on Facebook

1 comment:

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Yay I get to be first to add a comment! This is so beautiful and your step by step is awesome! I'm going to make sure to point this out to everyone!!!!
xoxo

Cricut Top 40