Welcome to Scrappin Outloud
Thanks for dropping by! Take a look around and stay awhile. See that little purple box on your left, it contains a summary of recent posts, further down, you will see a box of shared items, these are things I find around the web and want to share with you. Further down on the left you can add a link to your own blog for others to see. I love comments, so feel free to leave some love and thanks for stopping by.
Friday, November 27, 2009
Snowy "Home for Christmas" Framed Art
Created by Terri Walker, this seasonal little frame with hand stamped artwork, will spread cheer throughout the holidays, whether you keep it for your own enjoyment or give it away! It's surprisingly easy to make, although it may take some time to complete.
STAMPS: Christmas Punch 115366 (level 2 hostess set); Home for Christmas 111756
CARDSTOCK: Bordering Blue 102630 ; Real Red 102482; White cardstock 100730; Watercolor Paper 105019
INK: Black StazOn 101406; Real Red 103133; Classic Ink REFILLS: Real Red 103287; Bordering Blue 100940; Summer Sun 101231; Handsome Hunter 105227; Close to Cocoa 102444; Versamark Pad 102283; White Craft 101731
ACCESSORIES: Aqua Painter 103954; Big Shot Die-Cut Machine 113439; Perfect Details Texturz Plate 115962; Snowflakes #2 Sizzlit 4-pack dies 113449; ½" Real Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon 110714; Iridescent Ice Embossing powder 101930; Photo Corners Punch 109042; Wide Oval Punch 112082; Stampin' Dimensionals 104430; Stamping Sponge 101610; Heat Tool 100005; 104332 SNAIL Adhesive 104332
OTHER: Dark Stand-up/Hanger Frame (one used is 7"x7" purchased at a dollar store)
INSTRUCTIONS (stamped image)
1. Stamp door image with StazOn ink on Watercolor paper. Use Aqua Painter and ink refills to color image.
2. Punch photo corners from red cardstock and attach to four corners of watercolor paper.
3. Cut Bordering Blue cardstock to fit back insert of frame. Run through Big Shot with Perfect Details Texturz Plate. Layer stamped image on top then set into frame behind glass.
1. Sponge edge of frame all around with white Craft ink, leaving thin dark border towards center only. Cover ink with Embossing Powder and emboss (sets the ink and the Iridescent glitter at the same time)
2. Run white card stock through Big Shot with snowflakes (two different ones for interest); Press into Versamark ink, cover with Embossing Powder and emboss both snowflakes. Attach to frame with dimensional in center.
3. Stamp greeting with red ink on white card stock. Punch out using Wide Oval Punch. Sponge edges with red ink. Attach to top center of frame with SNAIL .
4. Wrap ribbon around back of frame to front-attach with SNAIL. Cut another piece of ribbon, tie a bow and attach with dimensional in center of ribbon.
5. Set on a table or hang on the wall-or give away as a gift!