- All you have to do is walk up to a house, ring the doorbell and say "Tricks or treats." – Lucy in “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”
- As spirits roam the neighborhoods at night,
Let loose upon the Earth till it be light...
- Nicholas Gordon, poemsforfree.com
- Eat, drink and be scary. - Author Unknown
- A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween. - Erma Bombeck
- Witch and ghost make merry on this last of dear October’s days. - Author Unknown
- Nothing on Earth so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night. - Steve Almond
- Oh, we don't go near any place with spooky, haunted, forbidden, or creepy in the name. - Shaggy from "Scooby-Doo"
- Once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold. - Judith Olney
- When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam,
May luck be yours on Halloween. - Author Unknown
- Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble. - Shakespeare "Macbeth"
- What fearful shapes and shadows beset his path, amidst the dim and ghastly glare of a snowy night! – from “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow”
- There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin. - Linus from "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"
- When witches go riding,
and black cats are seen,
the moon laughs and whispers,
‘tis near Halloween. - Author Unknown
- From ghoulies and ghosties
And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us! - Scottish Saying
- Where there is no imagination there is no horror. - Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.
- Tonight the Great Pumpkin will rise out of the pumpkin patch. He flies through the air and brings toys to all the children of the world. – Linus in “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”
Welcome to Scrappin Outloud
Thanks for dropping by! Take a look around and stay awhile. See that little purple box on your left, it contains a summary of recent posts, further down, you will see a box of shared items, these are things I find around the web and want to share with you. Further down on the left you can add a link to your own blog for others to see. I love comments, so feel free to leave some love and thanks for stopping by.