Welcome to Scrappin Outloud

Thanks for dropping by! Take a look around and stay awhile. See that little purple box on your left, it contains a summary of recent posts, further down, you will see a box of shared items, these are things I find around the web and want to share with you. Further down on the left you can add a link to your own blog for others to see. I love comments, so feel free to leave some love and thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Crafty Gift - Glass Etching Soup Jar

Tammy from Christmas with Cricut, created this fantastic etched soup jar, what a simple and easy gift to make for a teacher, friend, or anyone, its virtually two gifts in one.






it is really hard to see the etching on her completed project (sry, I'm a better crafter than photographer!). Trust me... it is beautiful with the soup ingredients behind it. It will also be beautiful with brownie ingredients too. Here is how I did it:


she used the leftover blue vinyl from my snowflake project and cut a scalloped oval monogram from A CHILD'S YEAR at 5".



Use the bottom part of your sticky mat instead of transfer tape, place it sticky side up.



Then to make sure you keep it straight and to minimize air bubbles, slowly roll the jar from one side to the other.


Add your monogram...



Using ARMOUR ETCH that she purchased at Hobby Lobby, she applied it liberally to her monogram.



Keep an eye on the inside... it will show you any places that doesn't get covered well.



Let it sit for 10 minutes then scrape all the excess ARMOUR ETCH back into the jar.

See!! I love it!




Now for the instructions...



You can click HERE for the entire recipe or just copy and paste the following:

COUNTRY
CHRISTMAS SOUP

Instructions:
Add contents of jar
1lb ground beef, browned
3 quarts water
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 carrots, sliced
1 cup shredded cabbage
2 cups of tomatoes
Simmer until vegetables are tender.



I know the idea of SOUP IN A JAR is not new, but make it two gifts in one by personalizing the jar. Don't be afraid to try the glass etching. It really is very easy. I really love the idea and it can look so pretty decorated with some stampin up papers and ribbons!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 4 post on Oct. 18, 2009. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog as for me. I'd like to read a bit more concerning that theme. Thank you for posting that material.
Joan Stepsen
Gadget gifts

Cricut Top 40