Welcome to Scrappin Outloud

Thanks for dropping by! Take a look around and stay awhile. See that little purple box on your left, it contains a summary of recent posts, further down, you will see a box of shared items, these are things I find around the web and want to share with you. Further down on the left you can add a link to your own blog for others to see. I love comments, so feel free to leave some love and thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Babies on the Brain

So, I forgot about a baby shower this week, I had to run home at lunch and create a baby shower card. I gave the young mommy the card with coupons for a free babysitter, a portrait session and a first year scrapbook....... And, of course, I forgot to photograph the card... So, I've had babies on the brain this week, been using my Teddy and Train set and Beary Best Friends



This first card is closest to the one I created for dear Christina (You know you are getting old when the kids at work start having kids) I used some old SAB paper, for some reason, it just screams baby boy to me, Teddy and Train is where the bear came from..... I cant get enough of him.
I used the oval die for this one, more SAB papers, I just cant get enough of these two together. The sentiment is from the congrats set. I kind of like the effect of the two ribbons on this one, the stitched grosgrain on the bottom and the striped ribbon on top.
This little guy, I decided to try something different and go green, I used Mellow Moss, its one of my favorite shades of green along with the top notes die. I trimmed the edge of the white top note die so I could outline it with more mellow moss. The background paper is from the Certainly Celery DSP while the ribbon is from The Ribbon originals, Elementary pack.
I have had this set since the beginning of the month, when I got my first shipment from the new minnie Catty (which comes out Sep 1). I love the razzleberry lemonade paper for the background and the sentiment is from on your birthday, isnt she cute?

No comments:

Cricut Top 40